Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Please, Please help me here!

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Art J.:
    Congrats again GM. Your post numbers show at the bottom left of your post.

    I hope you make many K more.............Art forums


    .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! Gees, I never noticed!

  2. #32
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just got to thinking, IE's firewall is a system service, so it may require a reboot to get the service to autostart.

    Alternative OSs and browsers looking better all the time. My brother quit a 17 year comp/sci professor career at MU, largely due to the MS issues bowtie mentioned above.

  3. #33
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Art J.:
    WoW, a lot went on in my short absence. Yes, my Zone Labs firewall detected
    the secondary site (terminology?) being opened at the same time as hostboard. It is called
    <u>hostboard.us.intellitxt.com</u>. One click zapped it away for good in my case with Zone Alarm.

    I don't want to offend sponsers of this site but if Gary can't get here, than whats the use.

    Congrats again GM. Your post numbers show at the bottom left of your post.

    I hope you make many K more.............Art forums

    .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GM do a "copy and paste" of the underlined web address and paste it into your IE restricted websites list. It should work like a champ.

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member Art J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought Zone Alarm Pro to do all the work for me.
    If I can't click it, I can't do it. Highly recommended for clickers like me.

    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...=en&lid=ho_zap forums forums


    .

  5. #35
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RKLee:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Art J.:
    WoW, a lot went on in my short absence. Yes, my Zone Labs firewall detected
    the secondary site (terminology?) being opened at the same time as hostboard. It is called
    <u>hostboard.us.intellitxt.com</u>. One click zapped it away for good in my case with Zone Alarm.

    I don't want to offend sponsers of this site but if Gary can't get here, than whats the use.

    Congrats again GM. Your post numbers show at the bottom left of your post.

    I hope you make many K more.............Art forums

    .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GM do a "copy and paste" of the underlined web address and paste it into your IE restricted websites list. It should work like a champ.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooops, it doesn't work. forums

  6. #36
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RKLee:
    GM do a "copy and paste" of the underlined web address and paste it into your IE restricted websites list. It should work like a champ.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Greets!

    This is what I did and when it didn't work I added a second one with the 'http://www.' prefix, but it doesn't work. I'll re-boot later tonight as that's the only option I have left AFAIK and hopefully that will solve the problem.

    GM

  7. #37
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Art J.:
    I bought Zone Alarm Pro to do all the work for me.
    If I can't click it, I can't do it. Highly recommended for clickers like me.

    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...=en&lid=ho_zap forums forums


    .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I resemble that remark! Others have recommended I install ZA because I net browse so much, so maybe I need to 'bite the bullet'.

    GM

  8. #38
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GM,

    Can't believe you've been without a firewall all this time and haven't been hacked, cracked, jacked, or otherwise hijacked.

    Some ISPs may provide firewall services I'm unaware of. I'm on cable and have a hardware router/firewall as well as NIS, and just last week, NAV killed 2 trojans I picked up browsing.

    My brother has told me tales that'll scare your sox off. My favorite was that of a college student that was making out with his girl in the dorm, when his PC audio came on with a sinister voice that announced "You guys ever gonna do anything exciting?" Startled out of their skin, the couple jumped up only to see a mirror image of themselves, half naked, live on the PC monitor! The hacker had taken control of the PC, started the kids' webcam and was feeding it live not only to the host PC, but all PCs in the dorm, via the university network.

    And that was 7-8 yrs ago....

  9. #39
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Well, I've always had either current Norton or McAfee AV that's caught many a worm/trojan/whatever and Adaware to get spam, but my computer gurus that keep me running have been surprised worse hasn't happened. Thanks to some generous anonymous DIYers, I finally got BellSouth DSL last summer, so it has a router, though I don't know how to access it to see what, if any protection it offers.

    GM

  10. #40
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good to hear of rewards for your efforts, though it needs to be expanded to at least include a medal and a roast!

    If there's a router GUI, it'll be in a program folder with an ISP-related name. Easier though, is to get your IP addy at the moment, paste it in the IE addy slot, and knock down the last 3-digit series (say from .101) to the first digit followed by 2 zeros (to .100). Go.

    You'll need the default passwords for the router to control it. ISP help for that. 'Admin' is often the hard default.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.